We are so excited for the 2019 Book Week tour to officially begin! All week 28 Canadian creators will be touring outside of their home provinces to spread a joy of reading to young Canadians. In total, they will be giving readings to 28,000 kids! Visit bookweek.ca daily for updates and be sure to follow the #TDBookWeek hashtag to see what everyone is up to as the tour goes on.
Since 1977, the Canadian Children’s Book Centre has organized Canadian Children’s Book Week, a nationwide celebration of Canadian books for young people and the creators who make these works possible. This year, we’re asking for your help in the celebration. From May 4-11, we are calling on every Canadian who loves children’s books to be a part of this nationwide celebration. During Book Week, take to social media and share which Canadian children’s book you’re reading or post an old favourite. Use the hashtag #TDBookWeek and #ChooseCanadianBooks, tagging @KidsBookCentre. Photos, videos, blog posts: we want you to get the word out any way you can and get as many people as you can to take part as well.
Each year more and more amazing Canadian books for young people are being published. We want everyone to experience the books Canada has to offer, and we’re hoping that this initiative will spread awareness of Canadian content during and after 2019 TD Canadian Children’s Book Week.
Other Things You Can During Book Week
- Find our if there are public events near you through our event page and check our events calendar daily.
- Purchase a poster for your classroom or library. Posters are $5.95 each.
- Get to know the touring creators through short interviews with all 28. Read part one, part two, part three, part four, part five, part six and part seven.
- Follow the creators on their travels by following the #TDBookWeek hashtag on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.
- Post about Book Week on social media using the hashtag #TDBookWeek
- Follow the Book Centre on social media to stay up to date: find us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Check BookWeek.ca for updates from the touring creators.